Applied Social Intelligence
Cart Items:0 Total:$0.00
Applied Social Intelligence: A Skills Based Primer (ASI)
What’s the most important skill in becoming adept at managing other people? A proficiency that is fast-becoming an essential in today’s work world: Social intelligence. Now, with this fascinating book, you can master the skills and intelligence you need to establish the strong interpersonal relationships essential to success in the workplace and at home.
This book is intended to provide a complete training regimen on social intelligence skills useful to both instructors and learners. Instructors can lead a course on the 3 primary skill sets that describe the practice of applying social intelligence. Learners can use the book as self study or to complete the exercises that enable assist in learning and practicing new skills.
This book and training program uses a learning method known as the Tell-Show-Do-Feedback model that makes social intelligence skills easy to understand and practice. Each learning module begins with a brief lecture, reading and written exercises. An extensive collection of exercises and answer sheets in the appendix will help you practice and apply what you’ve learned.
The modules address the science behind verbal and nonverbal communication and concentrate on mastery of a skill set that includes:
1. The basic skills you need to size up people and situations and determine what information you need for successful interactions – including the ability to observe and listen. These are “survival skills” for the professional business person.
2. The add-on skills that will make you a better communicator in social, as well as supervisory, situations. These include the ability to ask good questions, deal with resistance and accept criticism, especially with the difficult or challenging people that you deal with in the workplace. These social skills blend emotional intelligence with communication requirements.
3. The application skills that are directly related to the management of people and will substantially reduce your management difficulties. You’ll become aware of the need to negotiate, know and enforce the rules and follow through on promises. These skills build a foundation for leading.
Learn the skills that are essential to your performance as a leader and will enhance your ability to communicate, establish rapport and manage more skillfully with less stress.
- Communicate more effectively with difficult or challenging people through improved mastery of Level 2 communication skills.
- Successfully manage difficult people and situations by using new communication skills to handle requests, make requests, and reinforce/reward positive behavior.
- Use fairness and decency to tactfully deflect unreasonable requests without offending these people including unreasonable requests coming from superiors.
- Develop trust and reduce stress from challenging interactions that necessitate leaving one party with not “getting their way”.
- Influence others to listen and behave more responsibly, and in concert with organization goals.
- Negotiate more effectively toward win/win solutions.
- Hold others accountable and provide corrective feedback in a professional and respectful way.
- Over 200 pages.
- Includes 27 skill building exercises.
- Includes 17 additional optional exercises that trainers can introduce during classroom training.