The Strategic Leadership Type Indicator (SLTi) is fast becoming the new standard for a 4-quadrant type supervisory leadership assessment. Trainers appreciate its simplicity combined with ample support materials but without burdensome certification requirements. Supervisors and managers like the emphasis on teaching the appropriate use of four different management styles, particularly the coaching style widely considered the most flexible and motivative supervision technique in wide use today.
The Strategic Leadership Type Indicator (SLTi) is a self scoring assessment of 64 items that can be completed in about 15 minutes. The SLTI determines the degree to which you use coaching, teaching, relating or delegating styles correctly according to the capability and motivation of your direct reports. The SLTI combines proven, contemporary leadership strategies with the breakthrough concept initially commercialized by Situational Leadership™ that “one leadership strategy does not fit all situations”. Each supervisor has to understand the needs and capabilities of each direct report to manage that person optimally.
The Complete SLTi Trainers Kit is a complete modular and integrated, leadership assessment and training program for supervisors and managers that includes 10 online Self or 360-degree assessments, 10 Participant Coursebooks, 10 Starfish Files books, the 1-day Instructor’s Guide, SLTi DVD, and SLTi Leadership Game. Use the complete program to deliver from 2 hours to a full day workshop. Or if you prefer, choose only those products you wish and easily integrate them into your existing management training.
This exceptional leadership training package is just $595, ---- You save $629.00
- 10 SLTi Online assessments $499.50 value
- 10 SLTi Participant Coursebooks $100.00 value
- SLTi Leaders Guide (1-day version) $79.95 value
- 10 The Starfish Files (novel culminating in SLTi) $249.50 value
- SLTi Game $99.95 value
- SLTi DVD package $195.00 value
Compare our prices, products, and package to Situational Leadership. You’ll find out that SLTi delivers quality management training and
HRD Press is very easy to work with.
The SLTI assessment process is a complete development cycle for supervisors or managers:
- Leaders complete a self-assessment and discover their preferred leadership strategies for a variety of contexts.
- Leaders learn to select the best strategies for a given context.
- Leaders are shown how to use strategies to develop their direct reports, to move them toward higher autonomy, competence, and improved productivity.
Following training, the SLTI assessment booklet acts as a prescriptive job aid supervisors can refer to when considering how to handle a new employee, a subordinate with evolving job responsibilities, or a sudden change in a direct report’s performance.
Complete SLTI assessment and training resources provide management instructors a wide choice of training alternatives:
- For Streamlined Applications or adding the SLTI to an existing management training program use the SLTI Facilitators Manual with the Assessment and the optional Participant Coursebook. (1-day option)
- To deliver Advanced Training on the SLTI leadership model with extensive skill building in the 4 leadership strategies, use the SLTI Workshop Instructors Guide and Participant Workbook. (3-day option)
- To add multi-media to your training use the SLTI 18-minute DVD to introduce the concepts and implications for supervisors who use the SLTI method.
- For Self-Directed Learning, enable supervisors to complete the SLTI online. The online option produces a comprehensive report of the supervisor’s results. Supplement the online assessment with SLTI DVD to provide an easy viewing overview of the concepts and implications. Use the novel style book, The Starfish Files, as a pre-assessment assignment to orient supervisors and managers to breakthrough leadership principles culminating in one person’s awakening to strategic leadership.
- For Classroom Training Alternatives use the SLTI self scoring paper/pencil assessment or use the online assessment as a pre-course assignment.
- For supervisors in extremely challenging circumstances, use SLTI 360-degree feedback sets to help them better align their self-awareness with the perceptions of the people they work with.
- For a post-training takeaway or a pre-training orientation, provide participants the novel: The Starfish Files.
- The assessment is translated into French and Spanish.
- Structures leadership development around self-awareness and basic people skills.
- Emphasizes flexible leadership across the whole organization.
- Provides a basic and intuitive prescription for day-to-day leading.
- Teaches supervisors and managers how to appropriately instruct, coach, delegate, and relate.
- Ideal for supervisor candidates or first level supervisors and managers.
- Participants complete and self score this easy-to-use assessment in about 15 minutes
- 360 feedback sets are available for exploring the perceptions of co-workers about the appropriateness of the leader’s management styles.
- Both the 1-day and 3-day training options include extensive PowerPoint slideshows.