This assessment compares perceptions of the organization’s commitment to cultural diversity against the respondents own commitment to cultural diversity. Both ratings can be compared to a normative “realm of best practice”. Useful from an organization and an individual perspective. 6 Competencies include:
• Awareness and Climate
• Levels of Inclusion
• Degree of Empathy
• Degree of Adaptation and Change
• Persistence and Commitment
Click Here to View Sample Report
When to Use the Diversity and Cultural Awareness Profile
- With all employees who need to improve their own awareness cultural diversity issues through a structured assessment of their strengths and weaknesses.
- As an OD tool for taking the pulse of the organization in regards to commitment to diversity, and uncovering perceptions about the organization in regards to commitment toward cultural diversity.
- As an entry learning exercise when the organization intends to set new standards for commitment to cultural diversity.
- As an introductory training activity on diversity and cultural awareness to expose participants to their own, and the organizations, commitment to diversity issues.
- With managers and executives who need to be able to recognize and correct dysfunctional attitudes and behaviors that may exist in the organization as regards cultural diversity.
- As the center piece of a 1-day facilitated training workshop on diversity and cultural awareness.
• Diversity and Cultural Awareness feedback report — Displays the participants self rating on commitment to diversity for comparison against the organizations commitment, a multi-organization norm and a “realm of best” practice range.
• Norm Comparison — The Diversity and Cultural Awareness questionnaire displays normative levels on diversity and cultural awareness to provide individuals and organizations a frame of reference for judging their own current standards and performance against industry at large.
• Easy to administer – The online administrative component is easy for both administrators and participants, yet provides administrators key control over the distribution of results.
• Relevant feedback – Rather than providing just simple lists of strengths and weaknesses, the Diversity and Cultural Awareness feedback report provides development needs imbedded in development planning templates that help make it easy for participants to take their next steps.
• Measures 6 core diversity and cultural awareness competencies through 48 items, and collects ratings for the self as well as the “self’s” perception of how the organization is performing.
• Worded in simple, understandable and behavioral terms allowing any participant, regardless of education or English language proficiency, to understand and provide accurate ratings.
• The report itself is broken into six smaller reports. Reports begin with summary competency scores and drill down to behavioral specifics including diversity and cultural awareness tips for development, and course and reading suggestions.
For more information call 1-800-822-2801